The Brentford forward has been in fine form this season, netting five goals in six Premier League appearances.
He is the only uncapped player in a squad featuring some surprising selections.
They include Manchester United pair Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw, who are both included despite falling out of favour at club level. Jadon Sancho has once again been omitted.
Eric Dier and Ben Chilwell are back in the fold, but Ben White, Conor Gallagher and James Justin have been axed. Dean Henderson replaces injured goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.
England travel to play Italy on September 23 before welcoming Germany to Wembley Stadium three days later.
Southgate’s side are bidding to avoid relegation from Nations League Group A after failing to win any of their opening four games.
The team desperately needs to find some form with their World Cup opener against Iran now just over two months away.
England are rated as one of the favourites to lift the trophy but will need to bounce back to form if they are to live up to that billing.
Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Nottingham Forest), Nick Pope (Newcastle United), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal).
Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Fikayo Tomori (AC Milan), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).
Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City), Declan Rice (West Ham United), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).
Forwards: Tammy Abraham (AS Roma), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham United), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Manchester City), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Chelsea), Ivan Toney (Brentford).
- Bundesliga Weekly: Dortmund & Leverkusen share the spoils, Leipzig re-enter the title race
- Man United to ratify Sir Jim Ratcliffe stake purchase next week
- Newcastle’s top four hopes take huge hit with Nick Pope out for five months
- Stats prove Man City’s Rodri has been far better than Arsenal’s Declan Rice this season
- Manchester City’s title defence gets tougher as Arsenal and Liverpool soar
- Euro 2024 Power Rankings – Who are the early favourites in Germany?
- FA Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Liverpool, Tottenham host Burnley
- European Championship 2024 draw: England, Scotland, France & Germany discover group stage opponents
- Can Salah close the gap on Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race?
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager