Al-Rayyan star James Rodriguez is on the verge of completing his loan move to Greek club Olympiacos.
Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano claims a verbal agreement has been reached, and the Colombian midfielder will have his medical with the Greek giants today.
The 31-year-old had previously stated his desire to return to Europe, and he was also linked with Valencia and Galatasaray during the summer transfer window.
Olympiacos have managed to strike a loan deal for the former Monaco star before the transfer window in Greece closes on Thursday.
A report from Greek outlet Gazzetta claims that Olympiacos will cover €2 million of his €6m annual wages and Al-Rayyan the rest.
He will be reuniting with his former Real Madrid team-mate Marcelo, who moved to Olympiacos on a free transfer in the summer after bidding farewell to Los Blancos.
Olympiacos have enjoyed a productive transfer window, bringing in several new players including Konrad de la Fuente, Sime Vrsaljko, Pep Biel and Aboubakar Kamara.
James appears to be the finishing touch as the Greek giants strive to o establish their dominance domestically and continentally.
They lost their opening match of the Europa League against Nantes and are looking to bounce back against Freiburg tomorrow.
They are currently third in the Greek top flight with two wins and two draws in four games.
- England 3-0 Senegal: Player ratings as Three Lions make progress
- France ease past Poland, England comfortably beat Senegal & more
- Olivier Giroud makes history as France reach World Cup quarter-finals
- France 3-1 Poland: Player ratings as Mbappe nets brace and Giroud makes history
- Real Madrid target Marcus Rashford as replacement for Karim Benzema