Everton have signed veteran goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic on a free transfer following injuries to Jordan Pickford and Andy Lonergan.
Pickford has been ruled out for around a month after sustaining a thigh injury against Liverpool during the Merseyside derby last week.
Lonergan is nursing a knee injury, leaving Frank Lampard with Asmir Begovic as the only goalkeeper in the squad.
The Toffees have now snapped up Jakupovic on a short-term contract to strengthen the options between the sticks.
The 37-year-old left Leicester City in the summer of 2022 after spending five years at the club without significant game time.
The Swiss keeper has previously played for Grasshoppers, Lokomotiv Moscow and Hull City.
The Merseysiders’ weekend fixture against West Ham United will go ahead as planned despite almost half of the Premier League games being postponed in the aftermath of the Queen’s death.
Lampard has a huge task of coping with the absence of Pickford, who has been in great form this season despite Everton’s overall struggles.
The Three Lions shot-stopper produced a terrific display in the derby, helping his side claim a draw against Jurgen Klopp’s men.
The Toffees are currently 16th in the table with four draws and two defeats in six games. They will be eager to record their first victory against the Hammers on Sunday.
- Manchester City have no excuse for not winning the Champions League after signing Erling Haaland says Patrice Evra
- Man Utd debate David de Gea contract extension due to spiking wage bill
- Leandro Trossard expresses interest in reuniting with Graham Potter at Chelsea
- Wales vs Poland Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Olympique Lyonnais discredits Foot Mercato’s article on Peter Bosz