Valencia have confirmed that they have signed Justin Kluivert on loan from AS Roma on the final day of the summer transfer window.
Los Che also have the option to make his transfer permanent after his loan expires at the end of the 2022/23 season.
The 23-year-old moved to Stadio Olimpico from Ajax in 2023 but has failed to live up to expectations.
Having spent the last two seasons on loan at RB Leipzig and OGC Nice, Kluivert will now step foot in La Liga for the first time in his career.
It was a busy transfer window for Los Che. They lost several stars including Goncalo Guedes, Carlos Soler and Maxi Gomez.
However, Edinson Cavani, Samuel Lino, Samu Castillejo, Nico Gonzalez, Ilaix Moriba, Cenk Ozkacar, Andre Almeida and Kluivert have been added to the squad.
Valencia have touched all the bases as they look to make a huge impact under Italian manager Gennaro Gattuso.
They are off to a slow start to the new season, picking up only one win in three games in La Liga.
Their recent defeat came against Atletico Madrid at Mestalla, with Los Rojiblancos winning the game 1-0 as Antoine Griezmann’s second half-strike made the difference.
- Argentina 2-0 Mexico: Player ratings as Albicelestes defeat El Tri
- Messi hauls Argentina past Mexico, France book a knockout berth & more
- ‘It was a dream come true’ – Robert Lewandowski in euphoric mood after netting first-ever World Cup goal
- France 2-1 Denmark: Player ratings as Mbappe hits brace
- ‘We’re not dead yet’ – Herve Renard keeps the faith following Poland defeat