However, it was immediately rejected by the Championship club as the offer wasn’t to their liking, according to reputed journalist Alan Myers.
Rovers reportedly want £20 million plus add-ons to let the forward leave in this transfer window. The Cottagers’ bid is believed to be less than half that figure.
The 23-year-old’s current contract at Ewood Park expires next year and the club have been unable to agree a new deal.
Brereton-Diaz enjoyed a spectacular 2021-22 season when he struck an incredible 22 goals and was the joint-third top-scorer in the Championship.
Rovers manager Jon Dahl Tomasson is very keen to keep the Chile international at Blackburn but he admitted that ‘money will decide what happens.’
Brereton Diaz wasn’t a prolific goalscorer before the 2021-22 season. After arriving at Ewood Park in 2018, he bagged only nine goals in his first three Championship campaigns.
However, he took his game to the next level last term when he netted 22 goals to help his side finish eighth in the table.
He has continued his spectacular form this season, scoring three goals in seven league appearances including the winner against Blackpool last night.
Brereton Diaz is highly regarded for his dribbling, finishing ability and work ethic.
He could excel in the Premier League, although it is debatable whether a club of Fulham’s size is the right move for him.
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer
- League Cup preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – where to watch, kick-off time, possible line-ups, form guide
- Rasmus Hojlund to miss the Manchester derby in boost to City’s title chances
- Europa Conference League round of 16 draw: Ajax to face Aston Villa, Lille clash with Sturm Graz
- Europa League round of 16 draw: Liverpool land favourable tie, Brighton face Roma
- Preview: Arsenal vs Newcastle – stats, team news, line-ups
- Armando Broja’s Chelsea future in doubt as Fulham loan goes pear-shaped