Everton have confirmed that they have re-signed Idrissa Gana Gueye from Paris Saint-Germain. The 32-year-old has reportedly penned a two-year deal at Goodison Park.
The Senegal international first joined the Toffees in 2016 from Aston Villa and made 108 appearances across all competitions, netting four goals.
He was a fan favourite at the Merseyside club and regularly featured in the team.
Gueye is Everton’s seventh signing of the summer following the arrivals of James Tarkowski, Conor Coady, Ruben Vinagre, Amadou Onana, Dwight McNeil and Neal Maupay.
Gueye was deemed surplus to requirements at the Parc des Princes after PSG signed Renato Sanches, Vitinha and Fabian Ruiz in this transfer window.
He is highly rated for his tackling and passing as well as interception and pressing skills.
However, fans shouldn’t expect much from the Senegalese footballer as his best years are probably behind him.
- Sampdoria announce Dejan Stankovic as new head coach
- Big blow for Chelsea as Wesley Fofana picks up injury in Champions League victory against AC Milan
- Sevilla sack Julen Lopetegui after heavy defeat against Dortmund
- Graham Potter raves about Reece James after Chelsea’s 3-0 victory over AC Milan
- Gerardo Seoane reacts to Bayer Leverkusen sacking