Brentford are willing to smash their transfer record to sign Shakhtar Donetsk star Mykhaylo Mudryk, according to reports.
The 21-year-old is regarded as one of the most exciting young forwards in the game. He made 11 league appearances for the Ukrainian side last season, scoring two goals and creating seven assists.
As per The Athletic, the Bees have also entered the race for Mudryk. The London outfit are willing to fork out £25.7 million to secure his services.
Signing the young winger means Brentford would break their previous transfer record of £20m they paid for Hull City forward Keane Lewis-Potter earlier in the window.
However, it is unlikely to be an easy transfer as Shakhtar are determined to keep Mudryk in Donetsk.
He is only 21-years-old but has earned five caps for the national side. However, adapting to the Premier League would be a massive challenge for him if he makes the move to England.
The Bees have already signed Aaron Hickey, Mikkel Damsgaard, Thomas Strakosha and Ben Mee as they aim to enjoy another good season in the Premier League.
Thomas Frank’s side have a good start to the 2022-23 season, thrashing Manchester United 4-0 and earning three draws to be ninth in the table.
They will now host Leeds United at the Gtech Community Stadium this weekend.
- England 3-0 Senegal: Player ratings as Three Lions make progress
- France ease past Poland, England comfortably beat Senegal & more
- Olivier Giroud makes history as France reach World Cup quarter-finals
- France 3-1 Poland: Player ratings as Mbappe nets brace and Giroud makes history
- Real Madrid target Marcus Rashford as replacement for Karim Benzema