AS Roma are set to sign Mady Camara from Olympiacos on loan after agreeing deal with the Greek club.
Sky Sport Italia reports that the Guinean midfielder will have his medical on Tuesday ahead of his transfer to Stadio Olimpico.
Giallorossi were in the market for a new midfielder following the injury to summer signing Georginio Wijnaldum and identified Camara as a top target.
The Italian capital club will pay an initial loan fee of €1.5 million for the services of the 25-year-old with an obligation to buy for €12m.
Kamara has been one of the top performers for the Greek giants since joining them in 2018. He was instrumental in his side winning three Greek Super League titles on the trot.
A regular for the national side, Kamara won Guinea’s Footballer of the year award in 2019.
His addition will be a huge coup for Jose Mourinho, who already has the likes of Bryan Cristante, Lorenzo Pellegrini and Nemanja Matic in his midfield armoury.
Having recently signed Andrea Belotti on a free transfer, Roma have now followed up with the transfer of Kamara.
On the departures front, Giallorossi recently sold teenager Felix Afena-Gyan to fellow Serie A club Cremonese.
Mourinho’s men picked up a 1-1 draw against Juventus over the weekend, with Tammy Abraham’s second-half equaliser cancelling Dusan Vlahovic’s strike. The result ended the capital club’s two-match winning streak in Serie A.
They are up against Monza on Tuesday night and will face Udinese this weekend.
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager
- Chelsea & Man City target set to join Real Madrid in 2024 or 2025
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes obscene gesture at rival supporters chanting ‘Messi’
- Van Dijk leads Liverpool kids to League Cup glory
- Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle United: Magpies gunned down by free-firing Arteta squad
- Man Utd without seven players for Fulham game
- Tottenham ‘seriously’ interested in signing Sebastian Szymanski
- Man City braced for Saudi Pro League bids for Kevin De Bruyne this summer