Anthony Martial is set to be offered a new contract at Manchester United, according to reports.
The 26-year-old was not part of the squad in Saturday’s 1-0 victory over Southampton due to an Achilles injury.
The forward has only made a single substitute appearance this season and that came against Liverpool on Monday.
His current contract at Old Trafford expires in 2024, having penned a five-year deal in 2019.
However, the Red Devils are keen to protect their £55 million investment by handing Martial a new contract, as per the Daily Star.
However, he made a huge comeback in United’s pre-season, becoming their joint-top scorer after bagging three goals.
The former Monaco star was set to start against Brighton & Hove Albion in the league opener but an unfortunate hamstring injury ruled him out of the match.
He returned to make a substitute appearance against Jurgen Klopp’s side but again missed yesterday’s game due to another injury issue.
United desperately need attacking reinforcements. Cristiano Ronaldo’s future is uncertain as he wants to join a club who can offer Champions League football.
The English giants have been chasing a deal for Antony and even tabled a huge €90m bid. But Ajax turned down their offer as they are not willing to part with him this summer.
- Kyle Walker undergoes groin surgery and could miss the 2022 World Cup
- Sampdoria announce Dejan Stankovic as new head coach
- Big blow for Chelsea as Wesley Fofana picks up injury in Champions League victory against AC Milan
- Sevilla sack Julen Lopetegui after heavy defeat against Dortmund
- Graham Potter raves about Reece James after Chelsea’s 3-0 victory over AC Milan