AC Milan have been dealt with a fresh blow in the pursuit of Evan Ndicka.
Di Marzio also debunked the rumours of Milan presenting a €15 million offer to Frankfurt, further adding that the French defender wants to fulfil his contract, which runs until 2023.
Ndicka, who has been a consistent performer for the Eagles since joining them in 2018, emerged as one of the top targets for Rossoneri to reinforce the defensive ranks.
With the 22-year-old keen to stay put at Waldstadion, Milan have to turn their attention elsewhere.
Having secured the signings of Charles De Ketelaere and Divock Origi this summer, defensive reinforcements remain a priority for Milan.
With only less than two weeks left in the transfer window, the defending Serie A champions have to speed up their pursuit of finding the defensive targets.
Stefano Pioli is slightly short in the backline, with Fikayo Tomori, Pierre Kalulu and Simon Kjaer the only reliable options. The latter has just returned to action after spending a long time on the sidelines following knee surgery.
In addition, Milan want to add a top midfielder to the ranks, having failed in their pursuit of Renato Sanches, who snubbed them in favour of a move to Ligue 1 giants Paris Saint-Germain.
Raphael Onyedika of FC Midtjylland is the top target, with Rossoneri already in talks with the Danish outfit over his transfer.
Pioli’s men kickstarted their title defence with a thumping 4-2 victory over Udinese in their opening game of Serie A last week.
- Nice leading the race for Arsenal target Mykhalo Mudryk
- Erling Haaland sends message to Manchester City fans ahead of Sunday’s derby
- Everton star raves about Jordan Pickford after 2-1 victory at Southampton
- William Saliba impresses in Arsenal’s 3-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur
- Manchester City vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups