Barcelona are currently undergoing huge financial problems with the Spanish giants yet to register their new signings this summer.
The Catalans have brought in Franck Kessie, Andreas Christensen, Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde, but they all need registering with La Liga.
Despite already activating three economic levers so far, they may also have to delay the payments of their star players.
According to a report from Marca, Sergio Busquets is willing to help the Blaugrana by deferring part of his salary.
The 34-year-old’s agent Josep Maria Orobitg met with the club directors on Tuesday and they have reached an agreement in principle.
Busquets is an academy graduate of Barcelona who has been on their books since 2005. He has made over 670 appearances across all competitions, winning eight La Liga titles and three Champions League trophies.
He last signed a lucrative five-year contract with the Catalans in 2018, which is now set to expire next summer.
Busquets has not decided on his future but it is believed that he is interested in extending his stay at Camp Nou.
Another high earner is Gerard Pique who is also said to be willing to defer his payments to help his club.
The Spanish giants will be able to register their new signings if they reach agreements with Pique and Busquets and also activate their fourth economic lever.
- Wolves considering the future of head coach Bruno Lage after latest defeat
- Nice leading the race for Arsenal target Mykhalo Mudryk
- Erling Haaland sends message to Manchester City fans ahead of Sunday’s derby
- Everton star raves about Jordan Pickford after 2-1 victory at Southampton
- William Saliba impresses in Arsenal’s 3-1 victory over Tottenham Hotspur