The Reds suffered a goal in the first half after Aleksandar Mitrovic headed the Cottagers ahead. However, Jurgen Klopp introduced Nunez after the interval and he made an immediate impact for the visitors, scoring with a flick to draw things level.
The Merseyside club looked to be dominating and were searching for a second before Virgil van Dijk conceded a penalty and Mitrovic restored the Whites’ lead.
Liverpool once again equalised through Mohamed Salah but they only managed to take a point from the away encounter, with the match ending in a 2-2 draw.
Nunez was outstanding on his Premier League debut and Lineker was highly impressed with the Uruguayan footballer.
A big positive
Klopp’s side failed to impress in their opening match against Fulham. They conceded goals twice and had to battle from behind to earn a 2-2 draw at Craven Cottage.
Trent Alexander-Arnold, Joel Matip and Van Dijk all gave below-par performances while Thiago Alcantara and Roberto Firmino were woeful.
However, Nunez’s display was the biggest positive for Liverpool fans who witnessed the amazing talent of the Uruguayan footballer.
He made an instant impact after leaving the bench in the second half. The young striker scored a goal and also provided an assist to play a big role in earning a point for his side.
The 23-year-old has now made a very strong case that Klopp should start him every game this season.
- Manchester United confirm agreement with Real Madrid to sign Casemiro
- Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg emerges as potential replacement for Casemiro at Real Madrid
- Tottenham Hotspur’s Tanguy Ndombele joins Napoli on season-long loan
- Arsenal in talks with OGC Nice over Nicolas Pepe loan move
- Atalanta vs AC Milan Preview – Prediction, how to watch & line-ups