The Dutch star faces an uncertain future after being informed by the Catalan club that he is not part of their plans next season.
The arrivals of Robert Lewandowski and Raphinha have pushed the 28-year-old down the pecking order of Xavi.
Barca are desperate to offload those who are deemed surplus to requirements, which includes Depay, so that they can trim their wage bill and facilitate the registration of new signings.
While Alvaro Morata turns out to be a priority, the Old Lady have also added Depay to their wishlist.
Despite signing Angel Di Maria on a Bosman deal, Max Allegri is still short of options up front, having lost both Paulo Dybala and Federico Bernardeschi this summer.
In addition, Moise Kean’s future is up in the air, while Federico Chiesa is still on the recovery road after undergoing knee surgery in January.
The Italian manager wants to bring back Atletico Madrid’s Morata to Turin, having failed to trigger his buyout clause of €35 million after a two-year loan spell that ended last month.
Depay is one of the alternatives alongside Luis Muriel, Timo Werner and Anthony Martial should Juve fail to persuade Morata.
The Dutch striker’s time at Barca hasn’t gone the way he would have desired, and he is now being forced to leave the La Liga giants after just one season.
With just a year left in his current deal, the Blaugrana are looking to sell Depay for around €20m, with Premier League giants Tottenham Hotspur also interested in his services.
- Almeria vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- This Week In Football: Real Madrid lift the Super Cup, Rangers’ Champions League hopes live on, Palmeiras progress in the Libertadores & more
- Juventus set to loan out Luca Pellegrini to Eintracht Frankfurt
- Everton confident of signing Strasbourg’s Ludovic Ajorque after initial talks
- Paris Saint-Germain targeting Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford