Spurs have also included a buyout clause of €20 million, which can be triggered at the end of the next season.
Rodon has been excluded from Spurs’ trip to Israel for the pre-season friendly against Roma to finalise his move to Ligue 1.
The 24-year-old has largely found himself on the fringes since joining the North Londoners from Swansea City in 2020.
The Italian gaffer said (h/t Football London): “Yeah Joe Rodon is another good player and don’t forget that in November there is the World Cup and many players want to play and play regularly. Also to prepare themselves for this important competition.
“I think that when the thoughts from the club and the players are the same we try to find the best solution for both.”
Rodon will follow Arthur Theate as the next defensive signing of Rennes, with the latter one recently completing his switch from Bologna on a four-year deal. Both will shore up the backline in the absence of Nayef Aguerd, who recently moved to Premier League outfit West Ham United.
Spurs are also looking to offload other outcasts, including Giovani Lo Celso, Harry Winks, Sergio Reguilon and Tanguy Ndombele.
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager