With Cristiano Ronaldo increasingly likely to leave Old Trafford this summer, United are scouring the market for a replacement for the Portuguese superstar.
The 20-year-old netted seven goals in 11 appearances last term, playing a pivotal role in Ajax winning the Eredivisie title.
Ten Hag has plenty of work to do in the transfer market, with attacking reinforcements one of the priorities.
The striker dilemma is manifest due to the decline in performances of Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford, with the former enduring a torrid loan spell at Sevilla last season.
The Dutch gaffer wants to resolve it by bringing in a new striker and has identified Brobbey as a potential target.
Brobbey had endured an underwhelming spell at Leipzig before reviving his form under Ten Hag during his loan spell at Ajax last season.
United’s chances to sign Brobbey are looking bleak as Ajax are reportedly closing in on a permanent transfer from Leipzig.
The Eredivisie champions have reportedly reached an agreement for Brobbey, who has been identified as a replacement for Sebastien Haller, who recently joined Borussia Dortmund.
It means the Red Devils have to look for options elsewhere, with names like Victor Osimhen and Paulo Dybala also on the list of potential alternatives for Ronaldo.
- Manchester City have no excuse for not winning the Champions League after signing Erling Haaland says Patrice Evra
- Man Utd debate David de Gea contract extension due to spiking wage bill
- Leandro Trossard expresses interest in reuniting with Graham Potter at Chelsea
- Wales vs Poland Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Olympique Lyonnais discredits Foot Mercato’s article on Peter Bosz