The perennial Serie A champions are reportedly willing to offer a net salary of €6m to convince the 31-year-old to switch to Turin.
Since moving to Napoli from Belgian side KRC Genk back in 2012, Koulibaly has been a mainstay at the heart of the Azzurri’s defence.
The Senegalese international has made 312 appearances in his impressive decade-long stint with the Naples outfit, helping them to the Supercoppa Italiana and Coppa Italia titles in 2014 and 2020 respectively.
However, his future at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona has been up in the air as he approaches the end of his contract, which expires in 2023.
The two-time African Player of the Year has been linked with several top European clubs, including Chelsea, Barcelona and Juventus.
Reports claim Juventus are now speeding up their interest in Koulibaly and are ready to table an opening bid of €30m to secure the highly-coveted defender.
According to Sky Sports’ Gianluca Di Marzio, Juventus met with the Senegalese defender’s agent yesterday to discuss a potential move to the Allianz Stadium this summer.
He has been identified as a suitable replacement for Dutch centre-back Matthijs de Ligt, who is the subject of serious interest from Chelsea and Bayern Munich.
The Bundesliga champions have reportedly tabled €75m plus add-ons for the former Ajax star, who reportedly has his heart set on a move away from Italy.
Speaking on a potential move for De Ligt, Bayern chief Oliver Kahn said: “We’re happy with the quality we have at centre-back. But we can improve when it comes to leadership, loudness and presence.”
- Almeria vs Real Madrid Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- This Week In Football: Real Madrid lift the Super Cup, Rangers’ Champions League hopes live on, Palmeiras progress in the Libertadores & more
- Juventus set to loan out Luca Pellegrini to Eintracht Frankfurt
- Everton confident of signing Strasbourg’s Ludovic Ajorque after initial talks
- Paris Saint-Germain targeting Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford