Robert Lewandowski has been heavily linked with an exit this summer after repeatedly expressing his desire to leave Allianz Arena, with Barcelona turning out to be his preferred destination.
Although Bayern are against Lewandowski’s departure, Barca are pushing for the deal and are reportedly preparing a new bid worth around €50 million for the Polish striker.
Sadio Mane, who was recently signed from Liverpool, has been considered the out-and-out replacement for Lewandowski but Bayern are still interested in a conventional centre-forward, identifying David as a potential target.
The Canadian youngster appeared to be sought after by Europe’s top clubs following an impressive 2021/22 season, scoring 19 times across all competitions for Lille.
However, the transfer interest for the 22-year-old has withered of late, though he is expected to leave Lille this summer.
It was previously reported that the Ligue 1 outfit were looking to part ways with David for around €50m.
Aside from signing a striker, Bayern also want to bring in a midfielder in the summer transfer window in place of Marc Roca, who has agreed to join Leeds United.
Konrad Laimer of RB Leipzig is Julian Nagelsmann’s priority as the German gaffer wants to raid his former club for the third transfer after Dayot Upamecano and Marcel Sabitzer.
- Why Man Utd should sign €100m wonderkid instead of Jean-Clair Todibo
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard opens up on the club’s struggles this season
- Feyenoord star Santiago Gimenez poised for huge summer move – where could he go?
- Man Utd and Arsenal-linked Jeremie Frimpong set for contract extension with Bayer Leverkusen
- Fulham 0-2 Chelsea: Mudryk & Broja strike to earn Blues their second league win of the season