Off the back of an impressive loan spell at Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace are keen to retain the services of Conor Gallagher for another season.
This was disclosed by the club’s chairman, Steve Parish, who confirmed the Eagles’ desire to keep hold of Gallagher in a recent interview.
“Of course, but the player is the number one person. He knows exactly what his priorities are and he knows exactly what he’s doing.
“I’m sure at the end of the season Conor will work out what he thinks the best thing for him is and that will that will be the catalyst for it.”
“I believe that Conor can be a part of our squad and can play a role with us but I’m not the only one to decide. We need to speak after the season with everybody and we need to see what Conor wants.
“We need to see what the situation is, what role we have for him and what he can fight for because you need something to fight for.
“You need to have a role and a perspective about where you are, where you can be and what to achieve. We have to be very clear with him, he needs to be clear with us and we will sort it out.”
Gallagher was in the stands as Chelsea ran out 2-0 winners at Wembley to book a meeting with Liverpool in next month’s grand finale.
The 22-year-old has scored eight Premier League goals for Patrick Vieira’s men so far as they remain in contention for a top-half finish.
His performances in South London have led to a first call-up to the senior England squad last November where he earned his first cap for the Three Lions against San Marino.
- Mbappe and Casemiro among best performers – World Cup Team of Matchday 2
- Brazil and Portugal progress to the knockout stage, two thrilling goal-fests & more
- Portugal 2-0 Uruguay: Match ratings as Europeans seal qualification to knockout stage
- Manchester City set to face Chelsea – FA Cup 2022/23 third round draw
- Manchester United’s Casemiro shines in Brazil’s World Cup victory over Switzerland