Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe has revealed that he is still undecided over his future at Parc des Princes, with his contract expiring this summer.
Los Blancos have been keen on Mbappe for a while, and they appeared to have gained a foothold in his pursuit after the dramatic comeback win over the French giants in the Champions League.
However, Mbappe’s contract saga is likely to go down the wires as he said he is yet to make a decision on his future after the 5-1 thumping win over Lorient.
The 23-year-old, who hit a double in the victory, also added that he is not ruling out signing a new contract with PSG.
Mbappe told Amazon Prime via Goal: “If I had made my decision, I would have said so,” Mbappe told Amazon Prime. “I don’t have to answer to anyone. If I had made the decision, I would have taken responsibility. The good and the bad things, I have always assumed them by the way.
“I don’t have to hide, I didn’t kill anyone. I just want to make the best decision I can.
“I’m still thinking about it. Because there are new elements, new parameters. I want to make the right choice. I know that for people, it takes a little while.”
“Is staying at PSG is possible? Yes of course.”
A recent report from French outlet L’Equipe suggests that PSG are planning to make Mbappe their captain in a bid to persuade him to sign an extension.
- Manchester United vs Nottingham Forest Preview – Prediction, team news & line-ups
- Tottenham set to sign Pedro Porro after reviving deal with Sporting
- Leicester City table offer for Stoke City defender Harry Souttar
- PSG in advanced negotiations to sign Hakim Ziyech from Chelsea
- Bournemouth target Sassuolo forward Hamed Traore while Leeds join Zaniolo race