Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe has revealed that he is still undecided over his future at Parc des Princes, with his contract expiring this summer.
Los Blancos have been keen on Mbappe for a while, and they appeared to have gained a foothold in his pursuit after the dramatic comeback win over the French giants in the Champions League.
However, Mbappe’s contract saga is likely to go down the wires as he said he is yet to make a decision on his future after the 5-1 thumping win over Lorient.
The 23-year-old, who hit a double in the victory, also added that he is not ruling out signing a new contract with PSG.
Mbappe told Amazon Prime via Goal: “If I had made my decision, I would have said so,” Mbappe told Amazon Prime. “I don’t have to answer to anyone. If I had made the decision, I would have taken responsibility. The good and the bad things, I have always assumed them by the way.
“I don’t have to hide, I didn’t kill anyone. I just want to make the best decision I can.
“I’m still thinking about it. Because there are new elements, new parameters. I want to make the right choice. I know that for people, it takes a little while.”
“Is staying at PSG is possible? Yes of course.”
A recent report from French outlet L’Equipe suggests that PSG are planning to make Mbappe their captain in a bid to persuade him to sign an extension.
- How Brighton could line-up in Athens with Lamptey and Fati injured
- Galatasaray 3-3 Man United: Battle of Istanbul ends in stalemate
- Ten Hag drops Varane again – is a Man United exit imminent?
- Al-Ittihad target former Liverpool director Julian Ward to bolster Salah bid
- Liverpool pair Alisson & Diogo Jota to miss at least five games through injury
- Chelsea to pull Andrey Santos from awful Forest loan – what’s next for the young Brazilian?
- Tottenham to recall exiled star amid injury crisis
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback