The 22-year-old has caught the eye at the Johan Cruyff ArenA this season, racking up 12 goals and eight assists in 33 appearances across all competitions for Erik ten Hag’s men.
Ajax are believed to be asking for a fee of at least €45 million to part ways with the Brazilian, who they bought back in 2020 to replace the departing Hakim Ziyech.
Arsenal reportedly made an enquiry about signing Antony one year earlier but were put off by Sao Paulo’s asking price of €30m.
A return to the Champions League next season would certainly help the Gunners’ cause to lure the highly-coveted Antony to the Emirates Stadium.
Sitting level on points with fourth-place Tottenham Hotspur having played two games less, Mikel Arteta’s men are well placed to return to Europe’s premier club competition and are already making plans to bolster their squad this summer.
A new striker is expected to join this summer, with both Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nkietiah soon to be out of contract.
- Manchester United and Arsenal to miss out on Darwin Nunez
- Tottenham Hotspur dealt Paulo Dybala blow
- Erik ten Hag is in England – Who will join him at Manchester United next season?
- Manchester City to beat Manchester United for Kalvin Phillips transfer
- Thomas Franks expects Christian Eriksen to stay at Brentford