Ruiz is reportedly pondering a return to his home country in the near future which comes as a blow to Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle United, who are also interested in the Spaniard.
Carlo Ancelotti is keen on reinforcing his midfield and Ruiz is the latest name linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu, joining the likes of Aurelien Tchouameni and Jude Bellingham.
Ruiz was signed by Napoli during Ancelotti’s stint as head coach and it is safe to say the Italian gaffer remains a huge fan of the 25-year-old.
The former Real Betis man has just one year left on his current deal in Naples and the Partenopei could be looking to cash in this summer to avoid losing him for free next year.
Luka Jovic has failed to make an impact since joining Madrid and is rumoured to be fed up with his time at the club.
A move away could help reignite the Serbian forward’s career similar to the case of his ex-teammate Sebastien Haller, who has been one of Europe’s hottest marksmen since leaving West Ham for Ajax.
- Man United fans in uproar as Old Trafford relocation plans spark outrage
- Liverpool to make one last attempt to bring back Michael Edwards to lead post-Klopp rebuild
- Arsenal shortlist four strikers to replace injury-prone Gabriel Jesus
- Premier League reveal April fixture schedule for TV coverage
- Simone Inzaghi wanted by Liverpool, Man United & Chelsea – but who’s the best fit?
- Bowen hat-trick hands West Ham first win of 2024, eases pressure on Moyes
- Chelsea eye Amorim to replace Pochettino this summer
- Analysis: Liverpool did all they could to win the League Cup – and ultimately triumphed
- Everton ten-point deduction reduced to six
- Jurgen Klopp could win the quadruple this season and still not be Liverpool’s best-ever manager