The German outlet claims Madrid will not make a move for Bellingham at the end of the current campaign and are prepared to wait until 2023.
Madrid will reportedly have to spend a fee in the region of €100 million, four times the amount Dortmund paid to sign Bellingham back in 2020.
With Luka Modric and Toni Kroos now in their thirties, Carlo Ancelotti’s men are in search of long-term replacements for the aforementioned duo with Aurelien Tchouameni also a target for the Spanish giants.
Bellingham has caught the eye since moving to the Signal Iduna Park, establishing himself as one of Europe’s hottest prospects.
The ex-Birmingham City man has directly contributed to 10 goals in 25 league appearances this term as BVB currently sit second in the Bundesliga table, six points behind Bayern Munich.
Recently voted the best wonderkid in world football after picking up the NXGN 2022 award a week ago today, the 18-year-old’s stock continues to rise and it is no surprise to see him wanted by several top clubs.
Bellingham is not the only Dortmund player linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu as Madrid also seek to snap up Erling Haaland in the upcoming window.
- Manchester United and Arsenal to miss out on Darwin Nunez
- Tottenham Hotspur dealt Paulo Dybala blow
- Erik ten Hag is in England – Who will join him at Manchester United next season?
- Manchester City to beat Manchester United for Kalvin Phillips transfer
- Thomas Franks expects Christian Eriksen to stay at Brentford