Connect with us

Arsenal

Premier League Predictions: Arsenal 4th, Tottenham 5th, Man Utd 6th?

Coming up with Premier League predictions for 2022 is no easy task, with plenty of issues still to be decided at both ends of the table.

Manchester City have a 62% chance of winning the title, with Liverpool (38%) the only other team in the running.

That is a fair assessment of their respective chances given that City currently have a one-point lead and an easier set of Premier League fixtures remaining on paper.

Their hopes of topping the Premier League table are likely to hinge on the meeting between the two sides at the Etihad Stadium on April 10.

City are unbeaten in their last four outings against Liverpool and will undoubtedly fancy their chances of extending that run.

The race to join City and Liverpool in the top four is likely to go down to the wire, with six teams still harbouring hopes of qualifying for the Champions League.

Chelsea are in pole position to finish in third place, and it would be a major surprise if they failed to get the job done.

That leaves five teams battling for the remaining spot, with Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United the most likely candidates.

Arsenal have been much-improved in the Premier League this season and look a good bet to fend off their rivals on the run-in.

Their clash with United at the Emirates Stadium on April 23 could be the game that determines which team finishes in the top four.

At the foot of the table, Norwich City are overwhelming favourites to drop into the Championship at the end of the season.

Watford and Burnley are currently in the drop zone, but we have a sneaky suspicion that one of them could overhaul Everton before the campaign finishes.

Frank Lampard was a risky managerial appointment by the club and they may live to regret that decision in a couple of months.

Premier League Predictions

  • Premier League winners: Manchester City.
  • Runners-up: Liverpool.
  • Top four finish: Chelsea, Arsenal.
  • Relegated: Norwich City, Burnley, Everton.

Check out our Football Predictions for 2022 page as we assess how things will unfold in other major leagues and competitions in Europe.

More in Arsenal