Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested in signing Jesse Lingard from Manchester United.
The 29-year-old has struggled for game time at Old Trafford this season.
He was expected to play more under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but the Norwegian boss only started him once before his sacking in November.
The attacking midfielder’s fortunes haven’t improved after Ralf Rangnick replaced Solskjaer in the dugout.
As per football.london, Tottenham have contacted Lingard’s representatives over a possible move in the summer.
The player’s current contract expires at the end of this season, and he will be available for nothing at that point.
The English footballer could be a good addition for Spurs, who are aiming to finish in the top four this term.
The 29-year-old impressed everyone with his performances during his loan spell at West Ham United during the second part of the 2020-21 season.
He made 16 Premier League appearances for the Hammers, scoring nine goals and creating five assists (stats from Transfermarkt).
Italian boss Antonio Conte wants to improve his squad in the January transfer window.
The Lilywhites are reportedly considering a move for Wolverhampton Wanderers winger Adama Traore.
Several players could also leave Spurs in this transfer window.
They are reportedly ready to sell record signing Tanguy Ndombele, while Steven Bergwijn has also been linked with an exit from the club.
- Championship 2021/22 Promotion Race – Who will reach the Premier League?
- Premier League Predictions 19/01/22: Manchester United and Tottenham to win
- Liverpool to recall Rhys Williams from Swansea loan
- AFCON 2021 round-up: Senegal qualify after penalty scare, brilliant Hakimi hands Morocco top spot, Ghana knocked out
- Sevilla defender Diego Carlos agrees personal terms with Newcastle United