Bundesliga outfit Borussia Monchengladbach have confirmed that Denis Zakaria and Matthias Ginter will leave at the expiry of their contracts next year.
Zakaria has been heavily linked with a move away from the German outfit in recent weeks. It is now official that he won’t be signing a new deal beyond June 2022.
Ginter has opted to take the same route. He recently wrote on Instagram that he wanted a new challenge. Sporting director Max Eberl has confirmed that he will move on.
Monchengladbach have endured a tough campaign in Bundesliga this term. They are currently 14th in the table, two points ahead of the relegation play-off spot.
The winter break probably came at the right time for them, considering they were on a five-match winless streak where they picked up a solitary point at Hoffenheim.
They have the quality in the squad to turn things around. Ahead of the restart, the club will want a clear mindset and it could be a reason behind their latest update.
Zakaria and Ginter won’t be short of offers. The duo can negotiate pre-contract deals with foreign clubs in January. The former has been linked with a Premier League move.
He is likely to weigh up his options and could prefer to join a club where he has the assurance of regular first-team football alongside a lucrative salary package.
- AC Milan will move for Christian Pulisic if they are forced to sell Rafael Leao
- Union Berlin manager Urs Fischer extends contract beyond 2023
- David Moyes under pressure ahead of Wolverhampton Wanderers game
- Barcelona defender Hector Bellerin ruled out for four weeks due to calf injury
- Liverpool and Arsenal want to join Chelsea in establishing a multi-club network