The draw for the Europa League knockout play-offs has been completed.
The Europa League knockout stage has undergone a major restructure this season. Instead of a round of 32, all first-placed teams automatically qualify for the round of 16.
Meanwhile, second-placed teams will be drawn in a two-legged play-off against teams who have dropped down from the Champions League. The second-placed teams will be seeded for the draw, with the Champions League sides unseeded.
Furthermore, the away goals rule is no longer in operation, meaning that level ties will go to extra time and penalties if needed.
Barcelona will be playing in the Europa League for the first time since 2004, having finished third in their group. They were drawn against Napoli, who progressed to the play-offs following a dramatic 3-2 win over Leicester City.
The two last met in the 2019/20 Champions League round of 16. The Catalan giants emerged as 4-2 winners on aggregate, thanks to goals by Antoine Griezmann, Clement Lenglet, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez. However, only one of those four is still at the club.
Favourites Borussia Dortmund, who finished behind Ajax and Sporting Lisbon in their Champions League group, will begin their Europa League campaign with a tie against Rangers.
The first legs will be played on February 17, and the second legs on February 24. The unseeded teams will play their home leg first.
Full Europa League knockout play-off draw
Sevilla vs Dinamo Zagreb
Atalanta vs Olympiacos
RB Leipzig vs Real Sociedad
Barcelona vs Napoli
Zenit Saint Petersburg vs Real Betis
Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers
Sheriff Tiraspol vs Braga
Porto vs Lazio
- Serie A Weekly: Derby d’Italia fails to live up the billing, Milan & Roma return to winning ways
- PSG 1-1 Newcastle: Late Mbappe penalty puts Magpies last-16 hopes in jeopardy
- Tottenham star Rodrigo Bentancur out for two months after latest injury setback
- Everton’s ten-point deduction puts Sean Dyche contract talks on hold
- The worst Premier League starts ever
- Gavi out for the rest of the season
- Celtic & Rangers top list of most expensive Champions League away days
- Jeremie Frimpong: Should Bayern or Man Utd take advantage of his €40m release clause?
- Tottenham join race for Man United target Jean-Clair Todibo
- Referee admitted penalty decision against Wolves was wrong, rages Gary O’Neil after Fulham defeat