Inter Milan star Ivan Perisic is eyeing a potential reunion with Antonio Conte at Tottenham Hotspur, Sport1’s Patrick Berger reports.
Conte took charge of the north London outfit last month, and he has a huge job ahead as the club aim to return to Champions League football.
Several players have been linked with Spurs since the Italian’s appointment, and it is now claimed that Perisic would fancy joining them.
The 32-year-old bagged four goals and five assists operating from the left wing-back position and has continued to play a similar role this campaign.
He is likely to leave the Nerazzurri on a free transfer when his contract expires next summer, and it appears that he is eyeing a move to a new league.
Perisic is reportedly keen on reuniting with Conte. It is unclear whether the Premier League giants will be tempted to secure his services on a free transfer.
Sergio Reguilon has done a credible job playing at left wing-back under Conte, while the club have a decent back-up option in the form of Ben Davies.
On that basis, Perisic may not be assured regular game time from the position. The same could be the case further up the field with competition for places.
The situation could change drastically if Real Madrid decide to trigger the buy-back clause on Reguilon’s contract ahead of next season.
Stats from Transfermarkt.com.
- Christian Eriksen reveals his desire to play in the Champions League once again
- Barcelona ahead of Manchester United and Arsenal in Ruben Neves race
- Grading Juventus: How did the players, manager, transfers & results stack up?
- Kylian Mbappe to announce decision on PSG future very soon
- Arsenal reach agreement for the transfer of Sao Paulo winger Marquinhos